Customer Service Representative
Senior Manager of Customer Experience
: Fremont, CA
The successful candidate for this Customer Service Representative role will establish working relationships with both external and internal clients to provide the highest level of service possible via phone, email, or face-to-face communication.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for Sales & Customer support by phone, email, fax, & face-to-face. This will include quote generation, account set-ups, and accurate order entry. A successful candidate will be a team player. They will help ensure we coordinate orders & support through the correct internal groups to come up with the best possible answers & solutions to issues.
- Processes client requests and changes per established departmental guidelines
- Daily order entry
- Daily notifications to clients about shipment dates & tracking numbers
- Quote generation as well as coordinating any needed approvals
- Phone support from 8 am- 5 pm Pacific Time
- Responding to emails in a clear, precise, and prompt manner
- Internal order shipment coordination and follow-up
- Provide feedback to the Sr. Mgr. of Customer Experience all feedback regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Coordination with internal departments to ensure best practices, as well as meeting & exceeding customer expectations
- Escalating issues to the Sr. Mgr. of Customer Experience as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Preferred Education and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent order entry, problem solving, and data analysis skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong emphasis on Outlook and Excel
- Highly organized & detail oriented individual, with good time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while meeting strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 2 years Customer Service and Order Management experience
- Experience with Salesforce (or similar CRM system), Sage Business Works (or similar ERP system), and Filemaker Pro is preferred
- A college degree is preferred
- Experience working in a Biotech or Pharma company a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a mildly active role which requires ambulating through the laboratory and the building sporadically within the day. This position also requires the ability to lift racks from cryotanks, move supplies during restocking and carry small boxes of dry ice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are regular business hours Monday through Friday. The ability to work a flexible schedule (including evening and weekend work) may be required depending on business needs and job duties.
DiscoverX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to reflect principal job elements essential for the position. They should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.