Careers – Sales & Marketing
Regional Manager, East Coast
Job Code: DrX040-2017
Department: Sales (SLS Pool)
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Global Sales and Distribution
Location: Eastern Half of North America (East Coast, West to Chicago)
The regional manager is responsible for all DiscoverX business in the eastern half of North America. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a drug discovery products and services sales team consisting of 6-8 reps and specialists covering the entire DiscoverX and Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services (EPDS) portfolios. Ideally this position will be geographically located in Boston or the greater New England area.
- Achieve/exceed assigned sales targets for the assigned territories.
- Manage up to 6 Account Managers and up to 3 Specialists.
- Maintain an accurate sales forecast.
- Assist with large service contract acquisition and renewals.
- Maintain an awareness of business and market related trends to provide feedback to senior management.
- Monitor competitive activities in current and targeted markets.
- Focus overall direction of selling/training initiatives towards strategic selling.
- Assist and coach Account Managers to develop, support, and implement customer-specific action plans.
- Support field Account Managers on compensation, forecasts and expense plans.
- Provide continuous performance related feed-back to the Account Managers.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Pharmacology or related life science.
- 5+ years of experience in capabilities focused, science-based selling.
- Experience in selling discovery services and reagents to pharmaceutical and biotech companies is required.
- Ability to train/develop a team of account managers with emphasis on large projects and corporate contracts.
- Ability to manage and grow key accounts across the region.
- Experience in drug discovery research strongly preferred.
- 3 years' previous management experience preferred.
This position manages the East Coast sales team and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
Office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Ability to travel up to 50%. 2-3 days per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are regular business hours Monday through Friday. The ability to work a flexible schedule (including evening and weekend work) may be required depending on business needs and job duties.
DiscoverX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to reflect principal job elements essential for the position. They should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.