Careers – Operations
Senior Project Manager, LeadHunter Services
Project Manager Lead, LeadHunter Services
Non-Exempt (Contract) / Exempt (Regular, FTE)
: San Diego, CA
DiscoverX is a fast growing, international organization specializing in target based and phenotypic solutions for the drug discovery and biotherapeutics industries. We have the largest menu of products and services for addressing GPCR and Kinase research and a unique screening system utilizing primary human cell co-cultures.
The drug discovery industry is rapidly changing and we need professionals that can help meet the growing needs of these evolving markets. In order to continue our rapid growth, we are searching for a senior-level project manager to grow our services division.
GPCR, NHR, Kinase, Bromodomains, Epigenetics, Phenotypic Screening, Drug Discovery Services, High Throughput Screening, Project Management, Customer Service.
- Work with customers, DiscoverX account managers and senior directors to technically qualify service opportunities and define project objectives.
- Read, interpret and edit contract language (e.g. Master Services Agreements).
- Draft work plans from scratch in a clear and concise manner.
- In collaboration with relevant business units, develop costings and proposals for commercial presentation for custom projects as required.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including:
- Quoting: design project quotes in order to appropriately meet customer needs.
- Collect all required documentation and review for accuracy.
- Book orders following internal protocols.
- Provide limited technical support as needed both before a project is quoted and after a study has been completed.
- Work with Finance to consolidate business metrics across sites.
- Monitor project schedule and scope to ensure both remain on track. Initiate and implement appropriate actions.
- Work with Marketing and Product Managers to provide: (1) feedback on promotions, marketing materials, prices sheets and other documentation used to support the DiscoverX sales team, and (2) integration of new service offerings into the Project Management & Screening Operations work flow.
- Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal project review meetings.
- Other duties as required and assigned to support business needs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science and *strong* technical understanding of and/or experience in:
- Cell-based assays, especially in the areas of GPCRs, NHRs and Kinases
- Biochemical binding assays, especially in the areas of Kinases and Bromodomains/ Epigenetics
- High-Throughput Screening
- Broad knowledge of drug development process.
- Detailed knowledge of project management processes.
- Detailed knowledge of time and cost estimate development.
- Basic accounting skills needed, comfortable working with MS Office.
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented, able to multi-task and manage >100 projects at any given time.
- Customer-service oriented and able to liaise with customers and colleagues in a professional manner.
- Work efficiently and independently, performing in a time-sensitive manner.
- Deliver high-quality work with 100% accuracy.
- Communicate effectively and be fluent in the English language.
- Identify needs and take initiatives to resolve.
- Ability to adhere to and follow SOP.
- Possess technical writing skills and compose technical study plans that can be universally understood with minimum guidance.
- Provide some technical support as needed before and after project initiation/completion.
- Bachelors Degree with focus in science (microbiology, biochemistry, biology).
- Minimum of 5 years of (non-academic) industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience in customer service.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
No travel is expected for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a mildly active role which requires ambulating through the laboratory and the building sporadically within the day. This position also requires the ability to lift racks from cryotanks, move supplies during restocking and carry small boxes of dry ice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are regular business hours Monday through Friday. The ability to work a flexible schedule (including evening and weekend work) may be required depending on business needs and job duties.
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to reflect principal job elements essential for the position. They should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.